Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm thinking he's ready...






Okay, it's spring in Toronto. That means off with the winter tires, on with the summer tires. I , being the responsible person that I am, made an appointment for this with my mechanic for first thing this morning (and have a few other maintenence things done to my little car) . My mother graciously offered to watch little man while I'm gone for the morning...YAY NANNY! So, I'm wolfing down breakfast as I explain to little man what the plan is for the morning...


"Whatcha' doing mom?"

"Brushing my teeth and making myself all pretty cuz Mommy needs to pop out for a while this morning"

"Where ya going?"

"To get some work done on the car"

" Hmmmmmm....getting all pretty eh......bringing me home a new daddy?"

Me.......suddenly stunned and taken by surprise......"LOL...why would you say that baby?"

"Huh.....because I could use one"...then quietly goes back to his computer game......."But mom....."

"Yes?"

"I'll always love you the best...."


I'm thinking.......he's ready.......




No comments: