Monday, April 28, 2008

Why Does it Wait for the Weekends?


It never fails. Somehow it always seems to happen. If and when I allow myself to feel a little under the weather it tends to occur over the weekend. Sure I may feel a little off of the mark during the week...but the weekends are when I'm hit with the whammy. What is that all about???? Why, I have to wonder, can't it happen during the week? At least then I can take a sick day, relax, nap, have some toast and tea...take care of me. This would be attainable because little man would be in school. But alas, the weekend he is not...and there is laundry to be done...groceries to buy...and of course the responsibilities of being a mommy. Fortunately for me, little man is now 8, and therefore does not need constant supervision and entertaining. But, even though 8 seems so big, it's still so small...and supervision still very required..


I will say that I am one of the luckiest mommies in the world. Yes the laundry got done, the groceries did not (but that can be done today after work)....and my little man was on his very best behaviour. He took it upon himself to make Sunday a "take care of mommy day". He kept me tucked in on the couch, kept himself suitably occupied...even made me peanut butter and banana for lunch. I certainly don't feel in any way that it is his responsibility to take care of me, but I think it was awfully cute of him to want to try. Makes me think that just maybe, I'm doing a good job....

No comments: